Re: Follow-up on last IRC meeting (ie: 12 Aug 2020)

Hi Ross

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 11:02:55PM -0700, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> Could it be the GPT partition table at the end of the disk?  Even truncating
> off 1M breaks it.  Nothing will use the copy at the start of the disk, I wonder
> what the point of it is.

Yes.  GPT got a copy of it's header at the beginning and the end.  You
can expand the whole thing and the tools will relocate the header on the
end correctly, but you can't shorten it.

Bastian

--
Earth -- mother of the most beautiful women in the universe.
		-- Apollo, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" stardate 3468.1