Re: proposal: moving awscli and python-botocore to cloud-team ownership

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 02:43:24PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > Why not?  We've moved other repositories using this process and it's
> > never been a problem.
>
> If a project is moved, the old project is for sure gone and is replaced
> by a redirect.  This means that users don't need to change anything and
> existing checkouts will continue to work.
>
> If you move a project by forking, you need to make sure the original
> project is actually removed and you need to modify any existing checkout
> by hand.

OK, that makes sense.  Thanks.  Can you go ahead and move awscli and
python-botocore from
https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/modules/awscli and
https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/modules/python-botocore to the
cloud-team namespace?

I've already forked the projects to cloud-team, but I never pushed
anything to their repositories, so it should be safe to delete them from
the target location first, if needed.

> But it seems we never added a hint about moving stuff to the Salsa
> documentation.

Indeed, this is the first I've heard of such a process.  We moved
python-boto and python-boto3 using the process I was proposing here.

noah