Re: Next IRC meeting: Thur 6/11 @ 1900UTC

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 2:51 PM Noah Meyerhans <noahm@debian.org> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 01:54:37PM -0700, Zach Marano wrote:
>    If the consensus is that we should continue supporting Debian 9 through
>    LTS, then GCE will as well. Do we have information about the mechanism for
>    updates? Is it going to just be part of the regular stretch repos or is
>    this separate?

Updates will be published through the standard repositories.  See
https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Using for the details for Debian 8.  Debian
9 will be similar.

LTS does not get point releases, so expect the next Debian 9 point
release (9.13) to be the last.  Further updates will only come via
package repositories.  (theoretically this could change, and LTS could
get a point release, but you shouldn't plan on it.)

noah

Thanks, that makes it easy then.