Re: Next IRC meeting: Thur 6/11 @ 1900UTC

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 1:51 PM Ross Vandegrift <rvandegrift@debian.org> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 09, 2020 at 09:57:35PM -0700, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> We are restarting the regular IRC meetings.  The next one will be this
> Thursday, 6/11 @ 1900UTC on #debian-cloud.

Summary from today's meeting:

1. stretch & lts: so far, folks are planning on continuing stretch
builds for azure & ec2 through the LTS support period.  zigo sounded
positive for openstack on the list, and gce is unknown.  I'm planning on
following up.

If the consensus is that we should continue supporting Debian 9 through LTS, then GCE will as well. Do we have information about the mechanism for updates? Is it going to just be part of the regular stretch repos or is this separate?

2. cloud-init stable updates: Thomas Stringer tested on azure with
upstream's conformance test.  Noah plans on looking at that next week
for ec2.  It might be possible to make Thomas's script cross-cloud.
I'll find out about the status of openstack.

3. We held off on discussing issues related to delegation for now.

4. No concrete plans have been made for this fall's sprint yet.  But
we're thinking about ways to do this online.

5. I didn't do very well with meetbot, but will improve for next time :)

Next meeting: July 7 @ 1900UTC.

Thanks,
Ross