Re: Publishing raw generic{,cloud} images without tar, and without compression, plus versionning of point releases

    > Also we don't want to specify the size a priori, because it can break to
    > easily.  So we need to deduct the size during the build process.
I could improve fai-diskimage using what zigo is using in his
build-openstack-debian-image script. Call resize2fs, parted and
truncate to make the fs and raw image as small as possible and add a
few MB of additional space. That way we always will get the smallest
image.

But I'm not sure if the partition hooks Bastian wrote
may cause problems. I guess not, because we only have to resize
partition 1 which is always at the end of the raw disk.
--
regards Thomas