Re: Publishing raw generic{,cloud} images without tar, and without compression, plus versionning of point releases

On Thu, Jun 04, 2020 at 01:06:29PM +0200, Thomas Lange wrote:
>     >> Sadly it is not that easy.  A whole bunch of temporary data is deleted
>     >> in the final stages of the build process.
>
>     > You mean those bigger ones?
>     > rm -rf $target/var/cache/apt/*
>     > rm -rf $target/var/lib/apt/lists/*
>
>     > FAI can put a ramdisk on to of those directories (using FAI_RAMDISKS),
>     > and will also do the cleanup later.

This helps for those parts, yes.

But other parts, dpkg, apt, need temporary space all over the place.
Not sure how much.

Also we don't want to specify the size a priori, because it can break to
easily.  So we need to deduct the size during the build process.

>     > Anything else I've missed?
> I like to get feedback if I missed anything. Also kula asked about
> your plans concerning fai-diskimage/fai replacement.

Nothing new yet.  I had no time to think about it really.

Bastian

--
The sight of death frightens them [Earthers].
		-- Kras the Klingon, "Friday's Child", stardate 3497.2