Re: Debian AMI on AWS GovCloud

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 02:19:48PM -0400, list+debian@dishaw.org wrote:
> It appears that a Debian AMI released by the Debian cloud team does not exist on AWS GovCloud.  While several options are provided in the AWS GovCloud Marketplace by commercial vendors, having an AMI provided by the Debian cloud team would be very beneficial.

The problem is AWS, otherwise this would have been done long time ago.

The AWS marketplace already makes copies of all images, so it just
copies the images itself to GovCloud.  However AWS decided that
publishers actually need to have an account their, including all those
crazy restrictions, before marketplace will just do the work.

We think we have a way to actually get an account, but given our
community status that's not easy.

I'm glad Azure fixed that.  They just do it for publishers like us.

Bastian

--
No one wants war.
		-- Kirk, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3201.7