Unidentified subject!

Hello Debian Cloud people,

due to limitations of salsa CI and maybe bugs it is currently not possible to
create a virtual machine image that can be booted with qemu on the salsa CI
runners. Maybe it's possible to download a disk image from [1] to circumvent
that limitation?

So first a feature request: Would it be possible to provide a stable URL to
download the latest Debian sid and buster images? Currently, the last directory
on [1] is named by date with an index on it and it would be an additional step
to parse the HTML to figure out which directory is the latest. Maybe a symlink
could be placed which always points to the latest image directory?

Second feature request: the qcow2 images seem to have a virtual size of 2G.
This is a bit small to do anything useful in them. Could this size be bumped to
something larger? Because of how the qcow2 format works, this would not require
more disk space for the image itself.

Then I have a few questions about the stuff that you host on [1] and it would
probably be best if you don't write your answer as an email reply to me but
enhance the docs at [1]. Thanks!

1. From what is written in the docs at the root it's obvious what the azure,
   ec2 and gce files are. But what is the difference between generic,
   genericcloud and nocloud files?

2. What is the root password for the qcow2 images?

3. How can I connect via ssh? Is there a public key hosted somewhere?

4. What do the *-backports directories contain? Is it just stable releases with
   the backports repository enabled? Or have packages inside been upgraded to
   their backports versions?

5. In [1] it says that there are SHA1SUMS and SHA256SUMS files and *.sign
   files.  But I don't see any for sid/daily. Where are those?

Thanks!

cheers, josch

P.S.: Please CC, I'm not subscribed.

[1] https://cloud.debian.org/images/cloud/