Re: systemd-networkd and networking service in vagrant boxes

Le 07/06/2019 à 16:30, Nicolas Quiniou-Briand a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm using Vanilla Debian base boxes from
> https://app.vagrantup.com/debian/ with libvirt and Virtualbox providers.
>

> I compared a fresh Debian stretch netinstall not managed by Vagrant and
> I saw that `systemd-networkd` service was disabled and stopped too.
>
> I'm writing this email because I got a bug [0] when using Vanilla Debian
> base boxes with the DebOps project [1] and I think I found the root
> cause [2].
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> [0] https://github.com/debops/debops/issues/629
> [1] https://debops.org
> [2] https://github.com/debops/debops/issues/629#issuecomment-499774400

Hi Nicolas
Thanks for your interest with the debian vagrant boxes, and thanks for
reaching upstream, always a nice thing to do :) ( i read your bug report
in details )

> I noticed a difference between providers for the same box
> (debian/stretch64).
> * with libvirt provider, `systemd-networkd` service is enabled and
> started after first boot of VM.
> * with virtualbox provider, `systemd-networkd` service is disabled and
> stopped after first boot of VM.
>
> I would like to know if this an expected behavior or a bug.

This is unfortunately a known behaviour and also a bug.
VirtualBoxes images use ifupdown for network configuration, and Libvirt
images use systemd-networkd, due to a bug in vmdeboostrap.

Can you submit a bug report against the
cloud.debian.org package so we can properly track the issue ?

--
You know an upstream is nice when they even accept m68k patches.
  - John Paul Adrian Glaubitz, Debian OpenJDK maintainer