Re: Resources offer: Catalyst Cloud

On 2018-12-22 10:57:33 +0000 (+0000), kuLa wrote:
[...]
> I don't know about any Openstack installation available to Debian
> as a project for testing our images or just to have a play with
> it. So IMO we should consider this offer and maybe use it as a
> part of our CI pipeline.

The CTO for vexxhost.com conveyed a similar interest in donating
access to their public (OpenStack) services for the Debian project
back when the decision to use proprietary closed services for the
salsa.d.o artifact storage was under discussion. I have contacts at
lots of other commercial providers who run OpenStack and donate
resources to free/libre open source software communities, who would
likely do the same for Debian if the community showed any preference
for it. I'm happy to make introductions, but so far the interest
from Debian contributors maintaining community infrastructure in
hosting them on services running libre code has been surprisingly
phlegmatic, disappointingly so even given its usual zeal for the
very free and open software Debian itself distributes.
--
Jeremy Stanley