Re: Announcing EOL for Jessie images

On Mon, 22 Oct 2018, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> clear user demand for it, or we wouldn't be having this conversation. So
> I think we're better served by figuring out how to make LTS work (in
> cloud environments and more generally) than by trying to figure out how
> we can say no.

+1

> Is there any reason to expect that the LTS team will not support the
> cloud team or cloud users, should we (or our members individually)
> decide to continue to publish images on one or more cloud platforms?

FWIW, as I replied to Steve on debian-devel, we can certainly look
into ways for the LTS team to help the cloud team to continue to support
jessie images.

It can be in multiple ways:
- a member of the cloud team joins the LTS team as a paid contributor
  for this task of managing jessie images
- a currently paid LTS contributor joins the cloud team for this task
- the LTS team builds the missing automation to help you keep jessie
  images updated
- etc.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer