Re: Announcing EOL for Jessie images

On 10/19/18 4:14 PM, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Oct 2018, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> The main thing: concerns were raised by several of the cloud platforms
>> people that LTS security doesn't seem to be working very well. They're
>> not seeing fixes happening for known issues, and so at the moment they
>> don't have trust in the process.
>
> Really? This is the first time I hear such feedback. Can you put me in
> touch with the person(s) who made those claims so that I can try to have
> more concrete information about the alleged problems?
>
> Thank you.

Raphael,

I'd very much appreciate if the LTS team decided to generate Jessie LTS
images for OpenStack clouds. But right now, I don't have the time to do
the work myself, and it looks like Steve also is busy. Could we find
some other places where to publish the image then, so that Steve doesn't
have to be involved?

Building the OpenStack Debian cloud image is super simple. It needs
running the script provided by the openstack-debian-images package.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)