Re: gitlab-ci for test jobs

On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 11:55:39AM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 04:38:32PM -0700, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> > First complete pass at a framework for running tests is here:
> > https://salsa.debian.org/cloud-team/debian-cloud-images/merge_requests/36
> > It's working, you can see the last run at:
> > https://salsa.debian.org/rvandegrift-guest/debian-cloud-images/pipelines/21750
>
> Yeah.  There are nice echo calls.  Will take a look at the code changes later.

Thanks for your comments - I haven't had time to address them yet, but I will.

> We could go for a generated file approach.  Sure, you need to be careful
> then, but I think the advantages are greater.  It would also avoid some
> gitlab-runner limitations, like non-recursive variable expansion and
> allow adding the git-sha1 to the dev build version.

That sounds promising, but I've never done it.  Since gitlab wants the pipeline
config commited in the repo, I guess we'd need to generate, commit, push?  Do
you have a pattern for this approach that you like?

Thanks,
Ross