Re: Building cloud images using Debian infrastructure

Moin

I'm a bit sad that no response showed up to stuff that actually means
work.  Why do we want to meet, if no one seems to be actually prepared
to do the work?

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 11:54:48AM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> ## What needs to be done
>
> ### Documentation
>
> I know I'm bad in writing documentation.  Could someone please help with
> that?

So, no documentation?

> ### Azure upload
>
> That is something I need to do.  We are currently waiting for the
> Marketplace team from Microsoft to get the new way of managing images up
> and running.

They came back with something.  I'm planing how to handle it.

> ### EC2 upload
>
> No idea yet.  There is a script in our repo to create a single image.
> But I see nothing that would handle the whole pipeline with replicating
> and registering AMI in all the regions.

Shouldn't we have something already?  Even the wiki does not provide
information.

To test what I found, I need more right on our AWS account, but the
people responsible for them seems to have vanished.

> ### OpenStack image
>
> Needs proper cloud-init config.  And someone really could handle
> cloud-init updates.

There where three or four people wanting to actually handle cloud-init.
Did anything happen?

Regards,
Bastian

--
Respect is a rational process
		-- McCoy, "The Galileo Seven", stardate 2822.3