Re: Vagrant box CI/CD

Le 14/05/2018 à 19:49, Paul Dejean a écrit :
> So it seems vagrant boxes build just fine on GCE instances that have
> nested virtualization enabled, via a gitlab shell runner.
>
> Proof: https://salsa.debian.org/paulcdejean-guest/vagrant-boxes/-/jobs/16762
>
> This means it's possible for us to fully automate the build and
> deployment process for vagrant boxes. Here's a rough plan:
>
> https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1xDzxKr_AjnjqIBXXqH3b7ecW6EIBTo8TTJ49dxAd67M/edit

Vagrant box maintainer here speaking :), very cool Paul !
I always wanted to see CI for the build process, so I am very interested
by this. Don't forget to send pull requests on salsa if you want to fix
stuff in the vagrant boxes.

Some comments:

> I do have some questions though. Is it fine to build/provision these GCE
> runners using the gcloud cli tool? Or does the cloud team have some
> infrastructure as code tool that they prefer to use instead in order to
> avoid vendor lockin?

Concerning tools:
I don't know gcloud, but the build chain should be DFSG compatible.

For an official debian solution, we would also need to run the gitlab
runner  on machines that Debian controls. Currently I know that casanula
(a big Debian Project server) and AWS with an Official debian account
are used to build Debian VMs.

@list: Do we have some official account for GCE like we have for Amazon
?

cheers

Manu

--
You know an upstream is nice when they even accept m68k patches.
  - John Paul Adrian Glaubitz, Debian OpenJDK maintainer