Re: Package conflicts, breaks, and problematic upgrades... with irqbalance

Thomas,
That works perfectly, thanks!

Technically, we do provide the functionality that irqbalance is supposed to provide for GCE so this makes sense to me. And there is literally no reason to install our software outside of GCE so I don't feel bad about saying we provide irqbalance.

We can discuss more about irqbalance if you want- but suffice to say, it does not work and has never worked for GCE and likely other hypervisors as well. We have not spent any significant effort trying to figure out why because we already had our own solution and didn't spend time debugging it.

-----
Zach Marano
zmarano@google.com