Re: Validating OpenStack images after building

On Sun, 2017-12-10 at 18:34 +0100, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Hi Steve and everyone else,
>
> This was overdue, but here it is.
>
> In Casulana, under /home/cloud-build/hack/zigo2, you'll find a script
> called "image-test". It may be used to validate OpenStack images
> against
> the Stretch version of OpenStack (ie: Newton). Simply do:
>
> cd /home/cloud-build/hack/zigo2
> ./image-test debian-9-openstack-amd64.qcow2
>
> What it will do is:
> 1/ Upload the image to the KVM machine
> 2/ Upload the test-image script which is in the same folder
> 3/ Run the test-image script within the machine
>
> The test-image script will:
> 1/ Configure tempest (the functional test suite of OpenStack) to tell
> where the image is (ie: in /root, with the filename give as param
> above)
> 2/ Run *one* tempest test: tempest.scenario.test_minimum_basic.
>
> What this test does is:
>
>     1. Create image
>     2. Create keypair
>     3. Boot instance with keypair and get list of instances
>     4. Create volume and show list of volumes
>     5. Attach volume to instance and getlist of volumes
>     6. Add IP to instance
>     7. Create and add security group to instance
>     8. Check SSH connection to instance
>     9. Reboot instance
>     10. Check SSH connection to instance after reboot

Thanks for writing this.
Your script seems interesting and performs similar tests
that our code (which we wrote during sprint).
But you also perform more tests; checking networking
interfaces and disks is something that we should also
implement for all cloud providers.

Best regards.

--
Tomasz Rybak, Debian Maintainer
GPG: A565 CE64 F866 A258 4DDC F9C7 ECB7 3E37 E887 AA8C