Re: Debian Cloud Sprint 2017

Hi Chris,

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 06:53:20PM +0100, Chris Lamb wrote:
> Hi Jimmy et al.,
>
> > For those of us who want at least some partial or full reimbursement,
> > what booking guidelines should we follow? "Don't go for exorbitant
> > rates" is a given, but not sure if we're trying to coordinate bookings
> > in any way beyond that.
>
> One idea might be if there enough of you getting an apartment / AirBNB.
> Not sure if that saves you anything.

To update the email thread on the result of last night's IRC discussion:
Luca found that, while AirBNB might be cheaper than one person staying
solo in a hotel room, two people sharing a hotel room is cheaper than
AirBNB, at least for the cheaper hotel options (still well-located).

Luca and I are consequently sharing a room in the La Residence Suite
Hotel, roughly a 10-minute walk from the sprint location and in the
heart of downtown Bellevue. Another sprint attendee will be in the Red
Lion hotel at his employer's expense; that hotel seems comparably
affordable although 10-15 minutes further away on foot. Not sure about
everyone else.

I'll email you and Steve McIntyre off-thread about the hotel cost for
Luca and me, and my flight costs. All seems within reasonable ranges by
my judgment.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org