Re: questions about bootstrap-vz

On 23/09/16 12:59 PM, Marcin Kulisz wrote:

> I think you're over complicating this, have a look in here (for bootstaping)
> https://bootstrap-vz.readthedocs.io/en/master/manifests/index.html#bootstrapper
> and here (for mirror you want to use within your image)
> https://bootstrap-vz.readthedocs.io/en/master/manifests/index.html#packages
>
> In both cases look for 'mirror' setting
These settings are used during the bootstrap itself, e.g. where from it
downloads packages, they do not update apt/sources.list
I tried them first :)

>> 1: https://github.com/andsens/bootstrap-vz/issues/271
> Reading through the above issue I'd say that for now should suffice for you
> just using awscli with some filtering, but I agree that outputting AMI id would
> be nice addition.
That is what I can do right now, yes, go around and try to find. But
RegisterImage API request has imageId already in the output[1], just
grab and spit out ...
So does the "register_image" function, and image ID is captured already
here [2]. I'm not a python developer, otherwise I'd make a PR for that :)

1:
http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/APIReference/API_RegisterImage.html
2:
https://github.com/andsens/bootstrap-vz/blob/master/bootstrapvz/providers/ec2/tasks/ami.py#L127