questions about bootstrap-vz

Hello,

I'm stuck with a couple of tasks related to EC2 image building with
bootstrap-vz:

1) What would be the best way configuring default mirrors for apt ?
I see that sources.list is generated by cloud-init, which has
httpdredir.debian.org, I want to change it to cloudfront.debian.net.
So far I tried to add these lines to manifest:
    commands:
      commands:
              - [ '/bin/sed -i
"s/http:\/\/httpredir.debian.org/https:\/\/cloudfront.debian.net/g"
/etc/cloud/cloud.cfg']
              - [ 'cat /etc/cloud/cloud.cfg']

the second command outputs expected contents, but when I mount snapshot
- it still has "httpredir" line in it.

2) Here:[1] I'm asking to add generated AMI id to the output. The answer
I get - it is possible via third party plugin. I couldn't find any, what
do you use to get AMI id generated by bootstrap-vz ?

1: https://github.com/andsens/bootstrap-vz/issues/271

Thanks