Re: Packer configuration for vagrant with libvirt

Hi Emmanuel,

On 03.02.2016 21:05, Emmanuel Kasper wrote:
> Le 02/02/2016 01:00, Martin Vietz a écrit :
> A couple of questions:
>  * does the debian installer detect it's running on qemu and enable the
> virtio drivers ?

vagrant@debian-jessie:~$ lsmod | grep "virtio "
virtio 13058 4 virtio_blk,virtio_net,virtio_pci,virtio_balloon

Jep, I think he did. :)

>  * is the created box functionnaly equivalent with the VirtualBox based
> ( shared folder, NAT networking ) ?

vagrant@debian-jessie:~$ ls /vagrant/
Vagrantfile

Shared folder seems also ok and per default the network for the box is
behind a NAT.

>  * would you be interested to commit your template to the
> debian-vm-templates repository ?

I think you will use your upload scripts, so I have to remove the atlas
plugin for packer. Additional port the changes to the other versions
(wheezy, contrib, testing) and made some additional tests. Then it
should be fine as first version for the debian-vm-templates repo.

One problem is the big duplication of the code, so probably it's better
to extent the packer-virtualbox-vagrant to a general packer file for all
providers (virtualbox, libvirt, ...). I can create the packer file, but
the Makefiles and perl script must be also customized and these are not
my skilled languages.

Best Regards
 Martin