Re: Build chain for centos7 boxes

Hi Laurentiu
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> On 28/09/16 19:02, Emmanuel Kasper wrote:
>> Out of curiosity which tools are you using for building the CentOS boxes
>> ? Also I have you have boxes for vmWare (or whatever their case is ...)
>> available on Vagrant, do you have a free toolchains to build those ?
>
> Yes, of course - I'm not aware of anything we do that isn't based on
> free software.  Both RPMs and images are built in CBS, which is based on
> Koji. [1]  Basically, our images are built by performing an automated
> install in a virtual machine (libvirt-kvm), and then using imagefactory
> [2] for converting the resulting disk image into different formats.
> imagefactory supports a lot of formats, from cloud providers to Vagrant
> boxes. [3]  We don't offer Vagrant images for Hyper-V yet because the
> stable version of Koji we are using won't pass the necessary parameters
> to imgfac, but it should work - ADB is already using that.
>
> Best regards,
> Laurențiu
>
> [1] https://fedorahosted.org/koji/wiki
> [2] http://imgfac.org/
> [3]
> https://github.com/redhat-imaging/imagefactory/tree/master/imagefactory_plugins
>
> [4] https://github.com/projectatomic/adb-atomic-developer-bundle

Ok if I understand you right you start a virt-install command with a
kickstarter file ( equivalent of a debian preseed for Debian ).
Then you from the raw/ qcow2 disk image, imagefactory creates the extra
VM configuration like *.ovf description and upload to the target cloud.

Am I missing something ?

I could not find for instance by a quick grep at the image factory code,
where do you create the vagrant user and give the sudo rights.

Another question do you run the whole build process as root ?

Emmanuel