Re: Call For Participation Debian Cloud Sprint

Hi,

On 12/08/16 07:52, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 11/08/16 at 14:13 -0700, Zach Marano wrote:
>> We are organizing a Debian cloud sprint to focus on subjects like:
>> - What does it mean to run Debian in the cloud.
>> - Define the official Debian cloud image.
>> - In depth look at how Debian works on current cloud platforms (AWS, Azure,
>> GCE, etc).
>> ... etc (complete agenda TBD)
>>
>> Ideally, we solve all (or as many as possible) of the open questions which
>> were discussed at Debconf and on the debian-cloud list and come to
>> consensus on what an official Debian cloud image is, how it works in the
>> various cloud offerings, and have a realistic timeline to offer such an
>> image for the community at large. Bonus points if we actually have
>> something working.
>>
>> I am targeting November 2 - 4, 2016 in Seattle, WA (USA).
>> https://wiki.debian.org/Sprints/2016/DebianCloudNov2016
>>
>> Please respond if you are interested in attending so we can find a suitable
>> space (or if you happen to have such a space). Thanks!
> I'm interested in participating. I would come from Nancy, France.
Here, too, from around Hamburg, Germany.
> I've done some work on AWS using Debian (archive rebuilds), and have
> looked into the content of the Debian AWS image. I've looked at image
> creation in another similar context, which could be useful (not really
> in terms of tools involved, but in terms of image content -- the context
> was a research testbed where having a clearly defined image content is
> particularly important, because of scientific experiments
> reproducibility issues).
There was a time when I was helping to bring Eucalyptus (this AWS compatible
Cloud Environment now bought by HP) to Debian. I am not sure if I should
come myself, but we should have the Eucalyptus folks from back then
resurface at the Sprint and learn where they are Debian-wise and/or see that
pushed.

Steffen