Re: Call For Participation Debian Cloud Sprint

On 08/11/2016 11:13 PM, Zach Marano wrote:
> We are organizing a Debian cloud sprint to focus on subjects like:
> - What does it mean to run Debian in the cloud.
> - Define the official Debian cloud image.
> - In depth look at how Debian works on current cloud platforms (AWS,
> Azure, GCE, etc).
> ... etc (complete agenda TBD)
>
> Ideally, we solve all (or as many as possible) of the open questions
> which were discussed at Debconf and on the debian-cloud list and come to
> consensus on what an official Debian cloud image is, how it works in the
> various cloud offerings, and have a realistic timeline to offer such an
> image for the community at large. Bonus points if we actually have
> something working.
>
> I am targeting November 2 - 4, 2016 in Seattle, WA (USA).
> https://wiki.debian.org/Sprints/2016/DebianCloudNov2016
> <https://wiki.debian.org/Sprints/2016/DebianCloudNov2016>
>
> Please respond if you are interested in attending so we can find a
> suitable space (or if you happen to have such a space). Thanks!

Hi,

As the maintainer of OpenStack in Debian, and the person maintaining the
official Debian image for OpenStack available from cdimage.debian.org,
I'd be interested to join. However, both the timing (ie: right after the
OpenStack summit in Barcelona) and the location (9 hours timezone change
from France) are good for me, especially considering I have young kids.

Would it be possible to attend remotely, for example with hangout or
this kind of thing? Even if it was very late for me, I wouldn't mind. I
would also suggest that we prepare everything and start discussion here
on the mailing lists.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)