Re: non-standard TCP tunings in EC2 images

On Wed, 2016-07-20 at 08:59 +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> - dkms, which also pulls linux-headers-amd64, gcc 4.8 and 4.9, make,
>   patch, sudo: Apparently, this is required to build Intel's ixgbevf
>   driver, which is built and shipped inside the image.

This driver is already present in our kernel packages. Looking at the
Jessie tree it has version 2.12.1-k of the driver.

https://lists.debian.org/debian-cloud/2014/11/msg00001.html suggests it
works but is older than the recommended minimum (2.14.2).

Updating for improved hardware support is something which it has
typically been possible to address in a stable update, so it would seem
reasonable to file a wishlist bug against the kernel before resorting
to shipping 3rd party drivers.

I checked https://bugs.debian.org/src:linux but didn't see any bugs
with ixgbevf in the title.

Ian.