Re: Questions about bootstrap-vz

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 1:54 PM Emmanuel Kasper <emmanuel@libera.cc> wrote:
Hi Anders & Aalii

I am looking at boostrap-vz with the aim of solving
https://github.com/andsens/bootstrap-vz/issues/247

* After calling python setup.py install from git master, creating my
vagrant box fails with

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bootstrap_vz-0.9.10-py2.7.egg/bootstrapvz/common/assets/init.d/generate-ssh-hostkeys'

am I missing something ?

* also since I want to work on the vagrant plugin, what would be the way
to start the vagrant export without calling deboostrap each time ?

* what does the vz in boostrap-vz stand for  ? :)

Emmanuel

Hello Emmanuel

> * After calling python setup.py install from git master, creating my vagrant box fails with
Crap, that means something in setup.py is broken. I'm sorry about that. You should still be able to call it directly from the working copy, there's a bootstrap-vz executable in the root.

* also since I want to work on the vagrant plugin, what would be the way to start the vagrant export without calling deboostrap each time ?
These two plugins speed up the bootstrapping process quite a bit:
https://bootstrap-vz.readthedocs.io/en/master/plugins/prebootstrapped.html (eliminates debootstrap)
https://bootstrap-vz.readthedocs.io/en/master/plugins/apt_proxy.html (caches apt queries)

Alternatively you could simply untar the .box file, fiddle with it and then repackage it.

> * what does the vz in boostrap-vz stand for  ? :)
Virtualized :-)
--
Anders Ingemann