Re: [vagrant] issues with jessie64

Martin,

On 23 April 2016 at 18:50, Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org> wrote:
> here is just an idea what could be optimized:
>
> (...)

Please don't. I don't know what your use cases are, but nearly every
time I've used Vagrant, I needed a quick and ready-to-use OS
installation that could be easily thrown away. Of course some of the
packages you listed are probably won't ever used, but I completely
agree with Emmanuel: this is not a minimal image that doesn't even
comes with man pages.

It would be pretty counter-productive if I had to use Vagrant's
provision system to install "wget" every time a new box is launched,
for instance. What I expect from a Debian Vagrant box is something
pretty close to what one can get from a non-graphical installation
using netinst ISO - and that's what is being offered.

-

Emmanuel,

On 24 April 2016 at 04:51, Emmanuel Kasper <emmanuel@libera.cc> wrote:
> Any thoughts on Standard vs Important on this list ?

Unless we are both wrong from what to expect from a Vagrant box,
please stick with the "standard" set for the reasons already
mentioned. I would even say that we should try to mimic the behavior
of Ubuntu's boxes, as they are pretty user-friendly.

Regards,
Tiago.

--
Tiago "Myhro" Ilieve