About non-Stable files in Cloud images: More liberal Stable updates ? (Re: Debian images on Microsoft Azure cloud)

Le Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 04:12:24PM +0100, Martin Zobel-Helas a écrit :

> what about accepting those packages into debian-updates?

Hi Martin,

if you mean "stable-updates" (ex-"volatile"), then it is an interesting idea to
explore.  But since I read "All packages from stable-updates will be included
in point releases." on <https://wiki.debian.org/StableUpdates>, I wonder if
this will be as hard or even harder as making a regular Stable update.

This said, I like the idea.  Especially that we are in a situation where we can
coordinates ourselves to give strong guarantees to the Stable release team,
such as "all updates will have been tested succesfully on all platforms
providing an 'official' Stable image".

Apart from cloud-init, what other packages may need to be updated in Stable ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles