Re: Debian images on Microsoft Azure cloud

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 10:17 AM, Martin Zobel-Helas
<martin.zobel-helas@credativ.de> wrote:

> On Tue Nov 24, 2015 at 20:40:24 -0500, Brian Gupta wrote:

>> So after discussion with the CD team, we're on the same page, and have
>> a proposal to allow you to move forward immediately with publishing
>> these images, with full use of all needed Debian Trademarks.
>>
>> Proposal:
>> -------------
>> 1) These images will be "Official" Debian images, in that they will be
>> considered product shipped by the Debian Project (technically SPI).
>> 2) Some time before Debian 9.0 releases, the CD team will be
>> publishing a baseline policy for official cloud images, with input
>> from TM team.
>> 3) This approval is time limited until Debian 9.0 release date, by
>> which time the images should be in compliance with new policy.
>> (extenuating circumstances not withstanding. e.g. - Baseline policy
>> wasn't completed soon enough to provide enough time to comply.)
>
> that sounds like a plan to go forward. So, yes, we accept your proposal.

To be explicit as opposed to being implicit: This proposal has then
been accepted by all sides.

In terms of producing any other new types of official Debian image, a
more detailed policy is in progress. The discussions to flesh out that
policy are currently happening on the debian-cd and debian-cloud
mailing lists, with members from the trademark team also taking part.
If you wish to help shape our long-term policy here, please join these
discussions. Until a full policy is ready, talk to the -cd and -cloud
teams if you need any help/guidance.

Richard & Brian
on behalf of the Debian Trademark Team

Steve