Re: Amazon Machine Image on EC2

On 23/06/2015 3:36 PM, Marcin Kulisz wrote:
On 2015-06-23 00:09:01, Klas Meder Boqvist wrote:
Hi
Hi

Is it possible to have different names on the jessie images on AWS
marketplace depending on if they are hvm or paravirtual?
It's hard to see any difference, when the names and descriptions are
identical.a
A few weeks back we basically agreed that HVM images won't have any indicators
as this is default on AWS and PVM is becoming a legacy stuff. So I'd assume
that if there is no pvm anywhere in the description or ami name it's a HVM.

Indeed; this was uploaded to the Marketplace with the 8.1 AMIs yesterday; I expect them to be published in Marketplace in the next 48 hours. I'll also move to delist (but still available) the previous 7.8 (.aws.1) AMIs and 8.0.0 AMIs from Marketplace in order to reduce the confusion. Having less AMIs to chose from makes this an easier discovery.

32-bit is and PVM is so "previous generation".

--
Mobile: +61 422 166 708, Email: james_AT_rcpt.to