Re: bootstrap-vz debian package and some other stuff

On 2015-05-13 00:32:01, Tiago Ilieve wrote:

snip

Hi Tiago,

> By now I couldn't build the Sphinx documentation on a clean chroot as
> it is using Git to find out the what is last commit and create some
> links using this information. This fails because there isn't a full
> Git repository in there, only the source extracted from the tarball.

All stuff required to build should be included within tarball. If something is
missing I think you can fix it as you've got RW access to upstream, don't you?

> Anyway, I've already done some small fixes (following the Style Guide
> for Packaging Python Libraries[1]) regarding the current package
> version (0.9.0-2):

Yeee, this is for libs we're packaging app, beside maybe it's worth to work on
latest upstream?
I think there are going to be changes required just due to migration from json
to yaml etc.

> * d/control: Update `Build-Depends`, add `dh-python` and remove the
> redundant `python` entry
> * d/control: Update `Depends`, remove `${shlibs:Depends}` to avoid a
> warning during build
> * d/rules: Override `dh_auto_clean` to remove the `*.egg-info`
> directory, which was preventing `debuild` from running more than one
> time
>
> I'm not really sure about how to upload these changes to the package's
> Vcs-Git repository, so I've put them on GitHub[2] until I figure this
> out. I'm also a little bit confused if this dch entry should be
> `0.9.0-3` or `0.9.0-2.1` (Non-Maintainer Upload). I'll wait a little
> more for a reply from Marcin to see if we can work together on this.

From mine POV we can work together ;-)
What I'd suggest is that you add your self into uploaders filed, so you won't
have to create NMUs.
If you're interested how branches and patches workflow looks like just read
README.source and let me know if this stuff is ok with you. If you'll have any
problems or questions just ping me.
--

|_|_|0|         "Heghlu'Meh QaQ jajVam"          |

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0x58C338B3
3DF1 A4DF C732 4688 38BC F121 6869 30DD  58C3 38B3