Re: AWS EC2 Jessie preparations: Deprecating i386. Deprecating PVM.

On 4/11/2014 5:07 AM, Romain Francoise wrote:
On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 12:49:53AM +0800, James Bromberger wrote:
Does anyone here have any other requests?
- with the current jessie kernel, there's still an annoying 30s pause at
  boot ("xenbus_probe_frontend: Timeout connecting to device:
  device/vfb/0")

Yep, known issue in Xen:
http://bugs.xenproject.org/xen/bug/43

We would need to either:
(a) fix the issue
(b) convince the existing Debian kernel to move the xen_frontend to a loadabale module instead of compiled in, and then blacklist it on the AMI
(c) build a new kernel package (volunteers?)

- the last jessie AMI I tried had /dev/xvdg as root device in Grub's
  device map instead of /dev/xvda, so upgrading grub failed without
  manual intervention.

I think with grub 2.xx we may be in a position to not generate/use a device.map? Anyone able to confirm?

  James

--
Mobile: +61 422 166 708, Email: james_AT_rcpt.to