For how long bootstrap-vz should support squeeze/oldstable?

Hi,

I've posted the original message on the bootstrap-vz issue tracker[1], but
looks like the debian-cloud mailing list is a better place to discuss the
matter:

> I was testing a fix for this problem with backports syntax[2] in
> squeeze/oldstable that I reported on #96 and got a CalledProcessError:
> Command 'chroot /target/5e231a2a/root grub-install /dev/dm-0' returned
> non-zero exit status 1. Before trying to investigate this problem with
> grub-install, I started to ask myself for how long we will be worrying in
> providing fixes for this release.
>
> The official support for squeeze/oldstable ended on last May 31st. Probably
> isn't news for anyone, but its Long Term Support (LTS)[3] was announced to
> last until Feb/2016, which is a little bit more than 18 months ahead. I see
> that makes sense for us to support it, as squeeze-lts targets exactly the
> same two architectures that we do[4], amd64 and i386, but is there a real
> need for that? To me, looks like that the public that this LTS support
> targets is not the "cloud public" that we do.

So, I would like to ask: is there anybody out there building squeeze/oldstable
images using bootstrap-vz?

Regards,
Tiago.

[1]: https://github.com/andsens/bootstrap-vz/issues/122