Re: GCE updates: OpenSSL fix, Cloud SDK

I hope Google I/O 2014 went well and you recovered after it :-)

Dnia 2014-06-06, pią o godzinie 08:26 -0700, Jimmy Kaplowitz pisze:
> We shipped new Debian GCE images yesterday in response to the OpenSSL
> advisory:
>
> debian-7-wheezy-v20140605
> backports-debian-7-wheezy-v20140605
>
> (Our other OSes have been or will be updated too. See our security
> bulletin for those.)

Just out of curiosity - have you used build-debian-cloud,
or bootstrap-vz for that?

> As of our prior images (20140522), we've also switched from standalone
> gcutil and gsutil to Cloud SDK. Since this is in tarball format for
> now until proper packaging is developed, it's in a reasonably
> FHS-respectful location under /usr/local/share/google with a few
> symlinks into /usr/local/bin. An upcoming image build will fix the
> current inability to use gcloud's component manager to
> add/remove/update Cloud SDK components. Naturally this will only touch
> files in its private directory, and will be replaced with normal apt
> management in final packaging.

Are there any plans for packaging Cloud SDK, or just idea that
it'd be nice to package it?

Best regards.

--
Tomasz Rybak  GPG/PGP key ID: 2AD5 9860
Fingerprint A481 824E 7DD3 9C0E C40A  488E C654 FB33 2AD5 9860