Moving GCE scripts to Python

As Jimmy wrote in his email from 2014-01-14, I started
looking at GCE-related parts of build-debian-cloud.

I assume that the course for now is changing the scripts
to work in Python, similar to what's being done with EC2
and VirtualBox parts. Should we branch from andsens/python
and work on it, or do something else? Also, who'll create
the main branch (GCE-python-WIP?), into which we would
pull proposed changes? I think the best solution would be
to create such branch in repository
https://github.com/google/build-debian-cloud

As for the work to do, I think we'll need to:
1. change gce file to proper manifest
2. move tasks from tasks/gce to providers/gce and
rewrite them in Python
3. integrate cloud-init when appropriate

This is rough idea, and I have not touched
packaging of
https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/compute-image-packages

Have I missed something? I assume we need to have
more detailed plan of moving to Python so anyone
can see what is to be done and volunteer to some
tasks ;-) For now I just want to start discussion
to see what I forgot about.

Best regards.

--
Tomasz Rybak  GPG/PGP key ID: 2AD5 9860
Fingerprint A481 824E 7DD3 9C0E C40A  488E C654 FB33 2AD5 9860