cloud-init usage question

Hi,
I am trying to setup cloud init on Debian generated VMs for OpenNebula (recently integrated) to integrate it with build-debian-cloud.
I try to disable ec2-metadata but it seems to fail (open nebula has no metadata server).

I have setup in cloud.cfg, as per configuration doc:

disable-ec2-metadata: True

datasource_list: ['OpenNebula']
datasource:
    OpenNebula:
      dsmode: net
      parseuser: nobody

but when I launch manually /etc/init.d/cloud-init start, it starts by calling ec2 metadata:

2014-01-20 09:50:29,776 - url_helper.py[WARNING]: Calling 'http://192.168.2.91//latest/meta-data/instance-id' failed [0/120s]: bad status code [404]

I manually launch the init.d script for testing/setup.

Could anyone explain me what's going on with my setup or point me to more info?

Thanks

Olivier

--
gpg key id: 4096R/326D8438  (keyring.debian.org)
Key fingerprint = 5FB4 6F83 D3B9 5204 6335  D26D 78DC 68DB 326D 8438