Re: Debian Wheezy images for OpenStack in HP cloud

On 01/09/2014 03:08 PM, Juerg Haefliger wrote:
>> More on this. Even though I see the is_public=True flag when I do a
>> "glance image-show", I still see the image as private in Horizon (and I
>> don't see it at all in the HP web interface).
>
> What do you mean by 'see the image as private in Horizon'? For me, it's
> in the list at
> https://horizon.hpcloud.com/project/images_and_snapshots/. Marked
> properly as public.
>
> ...Juerg

That one screen is just right, however, when I click on:
+ Launch instance

to create a new VM, then I select:
Instance boot source: Boot from image

Then on the Image name popup, I can see my image at the bottom of the
list, under "Private image - Linux".

So there's still something wrong. Note that when I do "glance
image-list", I do see the properties you suggested to add, and I do see
the image as public.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

P.S: I still don't get what's the use of the config drive in the HP
cloud context. Could you explain?