Major large-disk bug for cloud-utils / cloud-initramfs-growroot

Hi,

Looks like growpart and therefore cloud-initramfs-growroot fails horribly on disks over 2 TB, resulting in harmfully shrinking the partition size:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/cloud-utils/+bug/1259703

We'd love to use cloud-initramfs-growroot or an equivalent feature, but this behavior is of course a problem since our disks often exceed 2 TB. Failing to go above 2 TB is okay given the nature of MBR, but preventing the disk from being usable is different. Zigo / Julien / *, is there any change you could get the fixed upstream version into jessie and wheezy-backports soon?

Note this bug is in no way GCE-specific, even though I noticed it in that context.

- Jimmy