Re: AWS EC2: Debian Wheezy 7.5 AMIs available

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 8:49 AM, James Bromberger <james@rcpt.to> wrote:

If you wish, you can effectively clone the AMIs into your account, and then you can keep them for as long as you want.  I'd recommend this for production AutoScale Groups - if you have a copy of the AMI in your account (ie; your snapshot) then they are completely under your control. This is probably a good thing regardless of what operating system AMIs you are using.

Hey James, I started looking into cloning AMIs into our account today. I guess from your e-mail I assumed it would be more obvious how to do it. Now that I re-read the word "effectively" in here I wonder if I missed the point a bit. How would you propose that I clone an AMI into my account?

TIA,

--nash