Re: build-debian-cloud and cloud-init

Le Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 01:20:46PM +0200, Anders Ingemann a écrit :

> cloud-init requires backports to be added. What do you think?

Hello everybody,

I recommend to enable backports.  Currently, the cloud-init package in
backports is at the latest upsream release.

Backports are not part of Stable and therefore the systems using backports are
not standard installations, but on the other hand, if we do not use backports,
we will need to use more non-pakcaged code, which in my opinion makes us even
less standard.

There is also a patch to apt-setup at http://bugs.debian.org/691651, to enable
backports in standard installations.

Have a nice day,