Deprecating AMIs for: 6.0.6, 7.1 (pre-ECC hostkey fix)

Hello all,

I am proposing to remove the following deprecated Debian AMIs:
  • Debian Squeeze (base install AMI) 6.0.6, 32 and 64 bit (PVM EBS Root). This is superseded by 6.0.7 which we will keep available as the latest release from the 6.x.
  • Debian Wheezy 7.1 (base install AMI) 32 and 64 bit (PVM EBS Root). This is superseded by 7.1a with the ECC fix (as of today).
I propose to remove public visibility of these AMIs on 22 July 2013 from the Debian AWS account's AMIs. Please contact me if you are currently using these specific AMIs in any Regions from the Debian AWS Account. All user Launch Configurations (as used by AutoScale) and CloudFormation templates should be updated to reference the newer 6.07 or 7.1a AMIs prior to this date. I will wait at least a week after 22nd July before removing these AMIs completely.

This leaves me with a question over the 7.0 release (which will have the same ECC vulnerability). Should we deprecate (and remove) this? Feedback required! ;)

Thanks all,
  James
--
Mobile: +61 422 166 708, Email: james_AT_rcpt.to