On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 8:20 AM, Benjamin Troch <email@example.com> wrote:
> I would like to contribute to this team and help out with cloud image testing etc. my main focus is Vmware. I have 13 years of system engineering / architecture experience.
> How do I get started?
Hi Benjamin! I'll say you are in the right place, as most coordination
happens on this list. (And on the wiki http://wiki.debian.org/Cloud)
Some of the tasks that people on this team are working on (incomplete list):
1) Building and maintaining image-building toolchains (e.g. -
2) Building EC2 images http://wiki.debian.org/Cloud/AmazonEC2Image
3) Building Azure images http://wiki.debian.org/Cloud/WindowsAzureImage
4) Building GCE images http://wiki.debian.org/Cloud/GoogleComputeEngineImage
5) Documenting how to use all of the above
6) Testing images
7) Exploring building images for new clouds (both private and public)
8) Packaging cloud specific toolchains (e.g. - cloud-init)
9) Discussing cloud specific issues and policies
When it comes to your question on "image testing", people tend to
announce to this list when they have images ready for testing.
Also, if you are looking for other areas to help, if there is a
particular IaaS Cloud that you feel that Debian should be represented
on, and currently isn't, I'd say you should feel free to start a
discussion on how to get started. (Please note our draft policy on
building "Official" Debian images:
I'm sure that during the week, once folks have had a chance to catch
up on the weekend email, people are likely to add additional tasks and
jobs that might need help with.
In the meantime, perhaps you could give a more detailed introduction,
explaining your interest in, and background with Debian, as it would
aid folks in getting a sense of where you might best be able to help.
Also feel free to familiarize yourself with the info in the wiki:
> Benjamin Troch
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com
> Archive: [🔎] D21BA274-DA0A-4FC7-8A03-19048E5A1538@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/[🔎] D21BA274-DA0A-4FC7-8A03-19048E5A1538@gmail.com
- From: Benjamin Troch <firstname.lastname@example.org>