Re: Wheezy AMIs now in all regions

On 5/05/2013 9:40 PM, Ian Hubbard wrote:
Would be great if we can get a few people to test. I'll be AFK for the
next few hours, but hope to pick up on Charle's Instance Store AMIs
this afternoon. HVM will have to wait to later in the week.
Hi,

I just tried to set up an instance in Sydney (AP-Southeast-2) and
can't seem to find the relevant AMI (64-bit ami-2975e513).

I don't have much experience with EC2 yet so it might just be that I'm
not looking in the right place, but after failing to find it via the
Quick Launch Wizard I've tried looking in the Community AMI's list of
the Classic Wizard. I can't seem to find a match for any of the listed
AMI ID's in the Sydney region.

I wouldn't want to clutter the mailing-list with a tutorial on how to
locate the AMI's but thought it worthwhile providing some feedback in
case there is a mistake with the AMI ID's.

Hi Ian,

That should be the correct AMI. Its not listed in the Quick Start; you need to look in 'Community AMIs'. You can do search either on the AMI ID you have, or the string "379101102735/debian-wheezy-amd64-20130505". That first number is the account ID, so you can search just for "379101102735/" and you should see all AMIs that account is sharing. I'm in Perth and about to head to sleep; if you're still stuck in the morning feel free to give me a call and I'll be happy to help! ;)
--
Mobile: +61 422 166 708, Email: james_AT_rcpt.to