Re: Official Debian image request: Google Compute Engine (was: Re: Please let's not talk about "clouds")

Hi Jimmy,

On 29/04/13 at 14:55 -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 5:54 AM, Lucas Nussbaum <leader@debian.org> wrote:
> > Now, "official Debian image". I don't think that for EC2, "official" has
> > been explicitely defined. It could mean "generated and provided by
> > Debian", "recognized by Debian as being 'pure'", but also "part of the
> > list of default images on GCE" (that would be "official" from the GCE
> > POV, not from the Debian POV).
> >
> > Could you clarify what you are aiming for?
> >

> This will be official from Google's perspective quite soon.

OK, thanks for the clarification.

> We consider it
> worth addressing the obstacles preventing Debian from considering it
> official, but this will take longer than the week before Wheezy's release.
> Doing it properly will require further collaboration within Google and with
> Debian over the months ahead.

Indeed, and it would be a great achievement to have software and
procedures for Debian images for Cloud infrastructures that Debian can
consider official, on the same level as CD/DVD images.

Lucas