Re: Applying for "A cloud image for bioinformatics with Debian"

Le Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 09:24:06PM +0800, harryxiyou a écrit :

> HLBS design ideas are here: http://code.google.com/p/cloudxy/wiki/HlfsDesign
>
> Now, HLBS has many features like following.
> 1, Support Snapshots -- http://code.google.com/p/cloudxy/wiki/HlfsSnapshotDesign
>
> 2, Support Cache -- http://code.google.com/p/cloudxy/wiki/HLFS_CACHE_DESIGN
>
> 3, Support Block Compression --
> http://code.google.com/p/cloudxy/wiki/About_block_Compression
>
> 4, Support Segment clean(simple Garbage Collection) --
> http://code.google.com/p/cloudxy/wiki/SEG_CLEAN_USAGE

Dear Harry,

it looks like an ambitions project, that is much outside my skills (biologist
and Debian developer).

In the context of Debian's participation to the Google Summer of Code, the
major hurdle to write a convincing proposal would be to articulate Cloudxy's
developments with the development of Debian as a distribution.  In particular,
preparing new packages is outside the scope of the SoC, so I have difficulties
to find ideas for a relevant connexion.

I have the impression that what you are looking for is rather a hybrid
situation between umbrella and student.  I see with a search engine that you
are approaching other organisations that are better suited than Debian for your
interests.  I think that it will better to focus on them.

Good luck !

Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan