Re: Please let's not talk about "clouds"

Le Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 07:32:40AM -0400, Brian Gupta a écrit :

> Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I agree that we should avoid
> analogies, if we are to use these terms at all. Please note the status
> of the page you linked being a draft. It appears that text was taken
> from someone's email post as a placeholder and hasn't really been
> discussed yet by this group. I don't believe there is a consensus yet
> on any sort of overall "philosophy" here, and I personally would
> strongly argue against promoting that draft to official Debian
> guidance.

Hi Brian,

I created this page last month and asked for comments on this list.

    https://lists.debian.org/debian-cloud/2013/03/msg00070.html

I think that Richard has a point when recommending to avoid potentially
confusing analogies and being clear on what we mean by "cloud".  If that draft
is not satisfying it will not go further, and if it is harmful as it is, let's
delete it.

One point that I think that is important to make, is that points of view
diverge on the question of "software as a service", and that the answer is
external to the foundation principles of Debian.

If the discussions on this list are enough, that would be the best, but I
am worried that we need more...

Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan