Re: [RFR] Press release about Debian on public clouds

Having Debian on some of the largest cloud providers is a good thing.
The fact that their systems are not as open as we'd like is really a
secondary thing because, let's face it, I'm not going to run openstack
and all the associated infrastructure just because its Free Software.

The original press release said Debian doesn't specifically endorse any
particular cloud; that's a good thing to say.

I'd be making the openstack etc paragraph being more advisory; ie
  for people wanting to....
  alternatively, there are Free Software alternatives...

The recommends thing to me was a bit odd; here's some good news (and it
is good!) but, we have to taint it with negativity because, well just
because.

You have to think about the audience, they're already pretty sold on
what provider their using; now with these images they can run Debian.
I played around on AWS before, I'll probably do more, now I can run my
favourite operating system on it, to me that's a win all around.

For those who wondered why there aren't images for platform X, its
because there is no "they" we're volunteers and people will focus (or
not focus, such as slack people like me) on where their interest lies.

  - Craig
--
Craig Small VK2XLZ   http://enc.com.au/          csmall at : enc.com.au
Debian GNU/Linux     http://www.debian.org/      csmall at : debian.org