About creation of images for Amazon AWS and Windows Azure

Hello to all debian-cloud followers,

in my company we are starting using debian and so I want to "acquire" experience on that. What attract me is your efforts to create an infrastructure to publish debian on every cloud platform. As maybe you have seen I written a previous message and ask where I can find a procedure to create a debian wheezy image from scratch and publish it on Windows Azure: I want to do it "just for fun" and obtain more knowledge about the process.

I have also read the various messages on the list about debian and amazon and the publishing on it: as with Windows Azure I'd like to undestand and find material about the creation from scratch of a debian wheezy image to publish..as I said.."just for fun".

I'd like to do that to compare the 2 processes and maybe create 2 guides about it and help debian and people in this effort.

For Amazon images, for example, I'm bit confused: I've seen that there is a toolkit to do that (and I understand you are packaging it to use in Wheezy) but in a response on the list I read a suggestion to use Debian Installer; for Windows Azure, for example (and even for Amazon), I'd like to know what to do after I create my image in my pc (someone call it "on premise"?).

I'd like to create a complete guide for both cloud Platform (maybe hereafter for other cloud platforms) to create an image from scratch until the publishing.

I see this pages :

http://wiki.debian.org/Cloud/CreateEC2Image

http://wiki.debian.org/Cloud/WindowsAzureImage

and they seems to me not so simple to understand; so could someone help me to start on these and do some test?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marco Mangiante

Fata viam invenient (Virgilio)
I fati troveranno la via