Re: What is the most convenient way to accept the terms of use of the AWS Marketplace ?

On Wed, 2012-12-19 at 03:46 +0000, Bromberger, James wrote:
> I've spoken to the Marketplace team and confirmed that for the AMIs in
> the marketplace, Ts and Cs cannot be accepted via the command line.
> This is because the EULA - in our case, the Debian Social Contract, is
> required (by the marketplace team) to be displayed to the customer
> when they accept the $0 'purchase'.

Do you really mean the Social Contract here? Because that is a very odd
thing to expect our users to accept in order to use Debian.

If we absolutely have to have a EULA then something akin to the default
MOTD would seem more appropriate, i.e.:

        The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
        the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
        individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

        Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
        permitted by applicable law.

Ian
--
Ian Campbell

Novinson's Revolutionary Discovery:
	When comes the revolution, things will be different --
	not better, just different.