Re: [review] waagent: Windows Azure Linux Agent (part4)

On Mon, 17 Dec 2012 11:32:05 +0100
Arnaud Patard (Rtp) <arnaud.patard@rtp-net.org> wrote:
> no, I'm not using all on purpose. The azure vm can only by x86_64 (azure
> can't run 32bit systems). As I don't want any bug report about azure not
> working on 32bits systems, I've limitted the arch to amd64.

 No, don't do that. It's obviously "arch: all" package if azure cannot
 run i386... really? I cannot find such restriction and doubt why it'd
 be limited to 64bit since amd64 host can run i386 VMs, you know.

 And rpm package also specifies "WALinuxAgent-1.0-1.noarch.rpm"- noarch
 = arch: all . They misunderstood?

 There is a guy who runs even FreeBSD on WindowsAzure :)
 http://buchizo.wordpress.com/2012/09/12/freebsd-on-windows-azure-vms-en/

 Debian also has kfreebsd-amd64 arch, then will put 2 _same binaries_ on
 Debian archive, we should avoid it.

> I knew about this one but is it really possible that someone ends up
> without net-tools on their system ?

 Why you ignore test results? Probably you don't put false alert every
 time piuparts runs on piuparts.debian.org...

> >  and it seems to be that waagent itself also has "delete" function, so
> >  I doubt it should be done in maintainer script or not...
>
> There's a -uninstall command line argument but afaik, it should not be
> used unless you want to kill your vm, so it's best to remove theses
> files only on purge. Eg. if you call -uninstall on upgrade, you'll loose
> your vm. The problem is that on purge, waagent will be gone, so one can't
> call it to remove the files.

 Okay, I should investigate and test waagent script more, thanks.

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/org
 http://wiki.debian.org/HidekiYamane